Thursday, February 02, 2006

Today I admit defeat

A friend of mine once told me that life is a mirror and the way we look at it is the way it looks back at us.

Obviously my mirror is not a true reflector .

Or perhaps I do not look hard enough.

Whatever it is I admit defeat.

From now on I will cease to impose my Ideas of Interior Design.

You will be welcomed by a large array of well lined footwear when the front door is opened.

You will be welcomed by a gust of wind that is supposed to go through the house with the front door permanently ajar irrespective of the weather conditions outside at all times of the day or night.

You will sit on a diwan/sofa with no cushions since they do not allow you to keep your feet up and thereby assume a comfortable posture.

You will always find the dining table decorated with one glass, two steel boxes, three cork coasters, one table mat and a set of cutlery.

I should learn to accept these style statements as the Word of God.

Since I cannot change the world I should change myself.

So be it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't think about it so much. it doesn't matter. it's a compromise you have to make when living in a "joint family." it sucks, i know, but might as well accept it. ur only making urself miserable, he sure as hell doesn't care!

3:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home